Friday, March 15, 2013

Everyone's A Winner

I want to share the generosity of my friend Janet so I am declaring everyone a winner. I'm busy cutting squares for everyone who said they would like to make something using the Japanese fabrics. The winners are:
                  Pokey, Gale Ky Quilter, Ozone3, McIrish Annie, and Jan Baker.

Send me your mailing address and I'll get your bundle in the mail pronto!
If I missed anyone, just send me an email with your mailing address.

When Hubby came down with Spring Fever he started emptying the closets. One of the symptoms of Spring Fever is an irrational urge to clean, usually windows but in Hubby's case it's closets. One of those closets contained a stack of quilt tops. Thirteen large quilt tops. I have set a goal for myself. I'm not sure how realistic it is but I won't know unless I try. I am going to get all those tops finished this year. I even went out and bought fabric to make backs. I always seem to run out of steam once the top is completed. Piecing a back is such a daunting task when my stash has only small cuts of fabric. I feel like I'm making a whole 'nother quilt piecing together a back. Now I have sufficient yardage of several fabrics to make the task a lot easier. I've already got 3 tops basted and almost done!

I also intend to finish every quilt I start this year.  So far I'm doing pretty well. It helps that all my new projects (except Jodi's Red & White which is enormous!) are small. I sewed down the binding on my latest little mini using the squares from Cheri's sew along. It will join the other minis on my wall.


10 comments:

Pokey said...

Thank you, Julie, how sweet!
:-} pokey

Janet O. said...

I like your version of Cheri's mini. The double four-patch blocks seem to be floating in milk chocolate. : ) At least that is my interpretation.

Angie said...

I love your 'Cheri' quilt, love the colors you chose---I need to finish mine up. :)

Gale, Ky quilter said...

How sweet and generous of you! Thank you so much. Emailing you my address now. )))))Hugs((((( Gale

Jan Baker said...

Thank you from all of us. I promise they will be put to use.

Gayle said...

A husband who initiates spring cleaning? You've got a rare breed of man there! LOL I love the vertical quilting you did on your little quilt - maybe you should share a new picture of your quilt wall so we can see all the additions! Good luck on your decision to finish every quilt you start - and to get all those tops done - it's a noble goal!

Cathy said...

Love your Cheri quilt-a-long. I've been doing her quilts too. Love your quilt and your blog. I am now a follower. Hugs

McIrish Annie said...

Can't wait to get Janet's fabric! that is an excellent goal to finish your quilts. I am trying to do the same but I agree with you, piecing backs can be challenging. I try to do both the back and the binding as soon as I finish the back. i may not get it quilted right away but it definitely moves things closer to the goalpost.

good luck with your goal!

Barb said...

what a cute sew a long piece. love those warm tans.
For some reason you were missing in my google reader, but I've just made sure I'm following you on Bloglovin -

Purple Pam said...

You have a good start on this year's goal. Darling little quilt. Yes, let us see what is on your quilt wall now.