Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last Minute Gifts

We are having our family holiday celebration tomorrow. Then we are headed to Sonoma for an impromptu visit with my cousin from Oregon that I haven't seen in about 20 years. I managed to get all my Christmas projects done and wrapped by the 25th so I had time this week to make a few last minute things to give to my cousin and aunt. I made tote bags from my crumb fabric. Having lots of crumb squares already made was a real advantage.


After cleaning up the mess left from making the totes, I was in the mood to use up some bonus triangles that were hanging around.


 This one just needs the binding sewn. It measures 11"X13". Those are 1inch finished HST.


I still need to quilt & bind this one. It measures 12" X 13.5" made with finished 1.5" HST.

This one I made for myself from leftovers. I was inspired by a post on Kathleen's blog. She showcased  some little leaf squares made by Marian. You can see her beautiful work here. I love the colors so I tried some leaves of my own. These are 3" finished.

I'm hand quilting this one. That's why you see the masking tape I use instead of marking pen.

Thank you to everyone who sent me comments about my blogging blahs. Your encouraging words have helped. As long as there are blogging friends who enjoy scrap quilts I will keep on posting.

Happy New Year. Let's hope it is a better year for us all.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love all of your projects, Julie, but ESPECIALLY that wonderful little leaf quilt! I may use that as inspiration for my own little leaf creation in the future. It is adorable. : )

Gayle said...

Lucky cousin to get a handmade gift from you! Your little quilts are so sweet - I love all three of them, but especially the one with HSTs. Have a great trip to Sonoma and enjoy your visit!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You've certainly been busy - wonderful projects.

AnnieO said...

Your totes rock :)

Really adorable minis and they look perfectly pieced. Fun fun fun!

Hope you have a lovely visit with your cousin.

Ruth said...

I love the bags with the crumb blocks! The little quilts are adorable too. I love little quilts for decorating accents!

Purple Pam said...

Congratulations on getting all your gifts finished. I really like your tote bags. I love those crumb blocks.

Happy New Year

Sharon said...

Julie, I'm so glad you've decided to keep on blogging. I really enjoy your posts and your projects. Yes, I know those blahs - I've had some lately too. But please keep posting!

I think your "crumb"-y totes are so cute! Great idea - I may steal that. hee hee! And your little minis make my heart go pitty-pat. I think it's time for me to make some too.

Happy New Year - I hope it's a good one for you! Wishing you lots of quilt-y fun this year!