Saturday, August 4, 2012

Little People

Remember the Little People swap I mentioned awhile ago here? Well Nancy reminded us that our blocks are due by the end ofAugust. I have been ignoring that project all summer. I still had 7 more little peeps to design and stitch. First I made a couple of little girls.



Then I made a couple of little boys.



Next, a couple of little folks enjoying their vacation on Hawaii.



And finally, a clown.



I'll add these to my stack of little geisha girls, pink skirted ladies & little guys from Bali.



Lookie, lookie!! The weather has turned hot and I finally have ripe tomatoes!

This is my entire gardening effort this year. I have 4 pots of tomatoes on my deck. It is the only way to outsmart the deer.

9 comments:

Fiesta said...

Adorable Julie. I so love your header mats too

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummmm fresh from the garden tomatoes.

I love the little people - how many do you have to make?

Finn said...

Love your little people! I followed Lynn D. making her celebration little people and even wrote the directions out, but managed to NOT start another quilt, LOL! They are wonderfully creative..Love your clown! Hugs, Finn

AnnieO said...

Your little people are very inventive and they all look like they are having a great time!

My gardening effort was to plant two flower boxes for my front porch with three verbena plants each. Being me, I can't remember to water and all but one of the plants has shriveled up and died. Sigh.

Lori said...

Lovely blocks!! You've made each one so unique!!

Purple Pam said...

Your "little ones" are so darling. I know you are happy for the hot weather. Those tomatoes look pretty good.

Janet O. said...

These are soo cute! What personality you have given them--so clever, Julie. I love them all!

Quilter Kathy said...

What fabulous little people...love the variety and creativity of each one!

Gayle said...

What delightful little people Julie! I think grand kids would have fun with that one cuz it's sort of like an I Spy quilt!